Saturday, April 7, 2018

Requested Edit

Hey guys,

Last class we had group meetings to get some final critiques before the component is DUE. Yes, due. How exciting. During the group meeting I got input on various thing....

First and foremost...
My classmates believed that the white text on my cover was slightly difficult to read. Frankly speaking, I like my old cover more than this one, but I believe that the contrast and dark background (which I focused on in this edit to make the white stand out) would make it much easier to read from afar if one was glimpsing at the aisle to purchase the magazine. Therefore, I am going to stick with this one.

I changed the issue date to March rather than April (which is Raquel's issue)!!! My bad 😅😅

Secondly....
Referencing one of my previous posts, I stated that I believed the red font paired with the red lipstick was indicative that my idea of promoting Rashawn's red lipstick would be understood. Previously, I had a red tube of lipstick on the left, however, I later learned that the Ad looked much clearer without it. Therefore, JUST IN CASE, I added the words "velvet matte" on the top left of the Ad to emphasize the purpose. The grey color does not take away from the model or the cool art direction, as well as, it looks nicely against the black background. Therefore, I believe it works well with what I am trying to convey to the readers.

Lastly...
This has to be my favorite part of the whole magazine, and now that I fixed the "V" in Vance, it is complete. I am not touching it. 10/10

Tomorrow I'm finishing my magazine. I have already started a draft for my CCR which I will post when it is done. Hope you all enjoy seeing the progress I am making.

Best Regards,
Sof

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Link to CCR: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxbp9vfA4Fw Yours Truly, Sof