Friday, March 30, 2018

Pics for article

Helloooo everyone!!

I just came back from MexicoπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»! ‘Twas sooo much fun.

Back to work. I shot some pics of my model, Candela, yesterday for my article “32 Ways To Get Your Spring Break Bod”. To do the following I placed some props amongst a green background attempting for the magazine article to look cohesive with the cover. To get the high-key lighting I wanted we used a special lamp that Cande happened to have in her room. The following lighting gives Candela a warm, confident, and inviting look. The whole point of this article is to give the readers a more personal relationship with the cover model but in a casual vibe or setting. Therefore, the set design for the photo is rather simple and includes very basic props, so it doesn’t take away from the photos main focus, Cande.

This is what it came too:


Behind the scenes!!


Pic chosen for the article
I feel like the picture I chose has a cute set design. The books and typewriter give it a professional, yet artsy, feel. In addition, I used the Rule of Thirds concept to draw focus to the model's smile to emphasize her inviting nature.
As you can see in the photo above, her smile is purposely placed at an intersecting point which is a natural point of focus for the eyes. The following allows the readers to interact with the picture more naturally since their attention innately is directed to the upper-right third of the picture. Because the article is in a Q&A format, the whole idea is for the readers to feel natural, or as if they are having a conversation with the model, hence the positioning of the picture helps stray from awkwardness, improving its aesthetic.

I am trying to keep it clean and simple! Updates to come...

Best Regards,
Sof

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Link to CCR: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxbp9vfA4Fw Yours Truly, Sof